Through this Policy, ASTA regards personal information of the users as important and inform them of the purpose and method of ASTA’s using the personal information provided by the users and the measures taken by ASTA for protection of those personal information.
This Policy will be effective on the 3th day of July, 2017 and, in case of modification thereof, ASTA will make public notice of it through posting it on the bulletin board of ASTA’s website or individual notice through sending mails, fax or e-mails).
1. Information to be collected and method of collection
(1) Personal information items to be collected
Personal information items to be collected by ASTA are as follows:
•Information provided by the users
ASTA may collect the information directly provided by the users.
•Information collected while the users use services
Besides of information directly provided by the users, ASTA may collect information in the course that the users use the service provided by ASTA.
(2) Method of collection
ASTA collects the information of users in a way of the followings: – webpage, written form, fax, telephone calling, e-mailing, tools for collection of created information
2. Use of collected information
ASTA uses the collected information of users for the following purposes:
– To detect and deter unauthorized or fraudulent use of or abuse of the Service
– Improvement of existing services and development of new services
– Making notice of function of company sites or applications or matters on policy change
– To help you connect with other users you already know and, with your permission, allow other users to connect with you
– To provide information on promotional events as well as opportunity to participate
– To comply with applicable laws or legal obligation
– Use of information with prior consent of the users (for example, utilization of marketing advertisement)
ASTA agrees that it will obtain consent from the users, if ASTA desires to use the information other than those expressly stated in this Policy.
3. Sharing collected information
Except for the following cases, ASTA will not share personal information with a 3rd party:
• when ASTA shares the information with its affiliates, partners and service providers;
• when the users consent the sharing in advance;
• when the sharing is required by the laws
– if required to be disclosed by the laws and regulations; or – if required to be disclosed by the investigative agencies for detecting crimes in accordance with the procedure and method as prescribed in the laws and regulations
4. Cookies, Beacons and Similar Technologies
The Company may collect collective and impersonal information through ‘cookies’ or ‘web beacons’.
Cookies are very small text files to be sent to the browser of the users by the server used for operation of the websites of the Company and will be stored in hard-disks of the users’ computer.
Web beacon is a small quantity of code which exists on the websites and e-mails. By using web beacons, we may know whether a user has interacted with certain webs or the contents of email.
These functions are used for evaluating, improving services and setting-up users’ experiences so that much improved services can be provided by the Company to the users.
5. Users’ right to access and option
The users or their legal representatives, as main agents of the information, may exercise the following options regarding the collection, use and sharing of personal information by ASTA:
• exercise right to access to personal information; • make corrections or deletion; • make temporary suspension of treatment of personal information; or • request the withdrawal of their consent provided before
If, in order to exercise the above options, you, as an user, use the menu of ‘amendment of member information of webpage or contact ASTA by using representative telephone or sending a document or e-mails, or using telephone to the responsible department (or person in charge of management of personal information), ASTA will take measures without delay: Provided that ASTA may reject the request of you only to the extent that there exists either proper cause as prescribed in the laws or equivalent cause.
6. Security ASTA regards the security of personal information of uses as very important. ASTA constructs the following security measures to protect the users’ personal information from any unauthorized access, release, use or modification.
• Encryption of personal information
– Transmit users’ personal information by using encrypted communication zone
– Store important information such as passwords after encrypting it
• Countermeasures against hacking
– Install a system in the zone the external access to which is controlled so as to prevent leakage or damage of users’ personal information by hacking or computer virus
• Establish and execute internal management plan
• Install and operate access control system
• Take measures to prevent forging or alteration of access record
7. Protection of personal information of children
In principle, ASTA does not collect any information from the children under 13 or equivalent minimum age as prescribed in the laws in relevant jurisdiction. The website, products and services of ASTA are the ones to be provided to ordinary people, in principle. The website or application of ASTA has function to do age limit so that children cannot use it and ASTA does not intentionally collect any personal information from children through that function.
8. Modification of Privacy Protection Policy
ASTA has the right to amend or modify this Policy from time to time and, in such case, ASTA will make a public notice of it through bulletin board of its website (or through individual notice such as written document, fax or e-mail) and obtain consent from the users if required by relevant laws.
9. Data transmission
Considering it engages in global businesses, ASTA may provide the users’ personal information to the companies located in other countries for the purpose as expressly stated in this Policy. For the places where the personal information is transmitted, retained or processed, ASTA takes reasonable measures for protecting that personal information.
In addition, when the personal information obtained from the European Union is used or disclosed, ASTA may have to comply with safe harbor principle as required by the Commerce Department of USA, take other measures or obtain consent from users so far as those complies with the regulations of EU so as to use a standardized agreement provision approved by executing organizations of EU or securing proper safe measures.
10. Responsible department of Company
ASTA designates the following department and person in charge of personal information in order to protect personal information of customers and deal with complaints from customers:
• Department responsible for privacy protection and customer service :
– Address : 11th Fl., AICT Bldg. A, 145, Gwanggyo-ro, Yeongtong-gu, Suwon-si, Gyeonggi-do, 16229, Republic of Korea
– Tel.: +82-31-888-9596
– The latest update date: 3th, July, 2017
11. Reference List