- Basic Research
- 1. Discovery of specific markers based on species and strain of bacteria
- 2. Research on microorganism ecology based on the culture environment
- 3. Resistance to drugs research
- 4. Research on microorganism that are difficult to identify through genetic examinations
- 1. Rapid diagnosis of infectious diseases
- 2. Food hygiene management
- 3. Agriculture & stockbreeding quarantines
- 4. Prevention of bio-terrorism
|Item||Traditional Method||ASTA (MicroIDSys®)|
|Method||Target||Library (It will be able to examine about 2,600 species at the same time)|
|The time required||8~48 hrs||with in about 3 minutes|
|Sample per Test||30~60 ea||96~384 ea|
|Accuracy||70 ~ 99%||95 ~ 99%|
|Features||Expandability & Universality: Limited||Expandability & Universality: Unlimited|
|Reagents & test conditions: Different by each type||Reagents & test conditions: Standardization|
|Sample preparation: Difficult||Sample preparation: Simple|
Conventional microbial identification methods, including biochemical tests, immunological tests, and molecular biology tests, requires a long time and high costs to identify microbes.
MicroIDSys® diagnosis method
· It takes less than 5 minutes to generate the identification result per sample, and up to 384 samples can be analyzed simultaneously.
· It features high sensitivity and thus can analyze even with a small number of bacterial colonies, and the sample preparation and analysis processes are simple.
· The database-based identification method offers scalability and utilization to increase the number of identifiable microbes indefinitely.